Ahh January, the calendar's reminder that to-do lists can be exciting. I love it! With so many amazing people posting their goals and resolutions, it's hard to keep mine quiet (which I considered doing this year). I adore Hallie's sky's-the-limit list and so appreciate Nicole's approachable break-down of her monthly goals. So today I'll share with you my big picture vision for 2016, and will check in with you each month with an update, a la Nicole.
In 2016 I will:
- Floss! This needs no explanation, but a lot of discipline.
- Clear up my skin. This is kind of an umbrella goal encompassing cleaner eating, getting plenty of sleep and drinking lots of water. It's been frustrating and humbling and also kind of cool (nerd alert!) to see how quickly my skin responds to what's going on in my life (and in to my diet).
- I will be published on three of my favorite websites: Pretty Damned Fast, Man Repeller and Camille Styles. Part two of this is to guest blog for some of my blog crushes, yeah- I'm looking at you (again), Nicole.
- Host themed dinner parties. I have this wonderful vision I visit repeatedly of friends gathered around a supper table: the candles are burning low, the glasses are never empty, and the stories and laughter go on long into the night. We get our supper table this month, and I can't wait to have our first dinner. Also, Harry Potter's birthday (35th!) is in July... so that's a pretty solid reason to have a dinner party.
- Go on a babes-on-bikes camping trip. With so many great camping grounds near by, and with so many incredible women in the cycling community it would be silly not to combine the two.
- With the help of friends, we will landscape our yard with Texas friendly plants and trees. Part two of this is to sit out on our deck and enjoy said yard.
- I will walk the dogs more, because their wagging tails are worth more than plopping down on the couch right after work.
- I will host two goal setting/budgeting workshops. I'm co-hosting one this weekend at The Paper & Craft Pantry. It sold out right away (amazing!) but there will be others. While you're here, though. Bookmark that site- Pei offer's some really incredible workshops and I don't want you to miss out!
- I will learn more than one song on my violin. This is kind of like flossing for me- disciplining myself to practice at home. The reward is so worth it! Plus, I rrreaally want to play Hedwig's theme.
- I will grow this sweet community of Hello, Clementine! readers to 100. Give me a shout about what you'd like to see on here as well as any suggestions.
- I will stop talking about and start writing my children's book. This is actually the last time I will write anything about it, unless I have exciting news. That's the deal I made with myself. I can only talk about it if I've worked on it that day.
And there you have it. My shiny to-do list for 2016. I'd love to read yours either in the comments or here if you wanna keep it private. If you need some coaching or someone to help hold you accountable, let's talk! Goals are best celebrated with friends!