1. We had our company Thanksgiving lunch today and I was able to lead the gratitude portion of it. Yes it was cheesy, and yes people teased me about doing it, but shared what they were grateful for nonetheless. I'll take the teasing, because what I saw- the laughter, the shared moments, and even the happy-tears made it all worth it. I wish this happened more throughout the year!
2. Speaking of being thankful, this is the first holiday season I won't be in retail. Thankful is an understatement. I have so much respect for people in retail and the service industry -especially during this time of year. If you go shopping on Friday (I won't even acknowledge that people shop on Thanksgiving), share a smile with the person folding shirts or restocking the shelves. I always appreciated that. A simple kindness like that goes so far during the holiday season!
3. I've become really interested in essential oils recently. For beauty rose oil, and her sister rose water, are incredible. I'm excited to see how they can help my allergies and asthma, not to mention the discomfort in my neck if I lay on my left side... which has been hanging around since my bike accident several months ago. Here is a a delightful post about essential oils and their uses.
4. I'm getting a haircut tomorrow! That's all, really. But I'm so looking forward to it. In my mind I'm one step closer to my hair resembling Blake Lively's. I said in my mind!
5. I have read 63 books in my 75 book challenge and have a little over a month to complete it. I was thinking that maybe I should start reading books that are fewer than 400 pages. I'm pretty excited to have quiet evening and weekends ahead of me i.e. no more wedding planning!! So if you need me, I'll be reading.
Your turn! Want to share anything about your week?