I love when my day off starts with a rainy morning. I'm involved with so many exciting projects: from editing my friend's first book to starting a writing group with two really inspiring women, that I feel like I get sidetracked when the sun is shining. Between bike rides, hiking with the pups, or writing (okay... day dreaming) outside- it's hard to settle in for some serious work. But today! Today the clouds are dark blue, the air is fresh, and I'm anchored to my favorite desk doing what I love. Here is a list of my rainy day essentials:
- a cup of coffee, favorite mug preferred
- an easy home yoga practice next to open windows or patio doors
- at least 2 books I've been wanting to read
- the latest issue of Tribeza
- a journal nearly complete, and a fresh one waiting to be written in
- purple pens
- wearing something bright or sparkly, or a combination of both!
- BIG plans on tap
- good friends
- a home cooked meal with my love
- chuy kisses
- enjoying the rain, because (everybody!)... the sun will come out tomorrow!
What makes a rainy day perfect for you?